Friday, June 3, 2011

resurrecting an old project

A sunny Friday!  I was going to work from home today while we have contractors in the house insulating our attic, but my work email is down ... so it looks like I'm taking the day off instead.  With a little bit of free time, I decided to bring a partially-started project back to life.  For a long time Erik and I have wanted to frame some old family photos to display on our dining room buffet.  I've collected a lot of little frames, so it was all a matter of choosing the pictures, sizing them correctly, and having them printed.  Amazing how long just the selection process can take!

I'd actually forgotten about the project for awhile, but found two more small metal frames over my birthday weekend.  The Dalles seems to be somewhat of a mecca for thrift stores (I think I counted at least four in their tiny downtown!) and I can appreciate their more reasonable, small-town prices.  I find Portland thrift store prices to be outlandish most of the time.  But I digress .... 

Anyway, I'm happy to say that the project is well underway and hopefully getting the photos actually in the frames will not take another year!

Here are a few of my favorites:

{my cousin}

{me and my two little bros}
{my aunt and my mom}

{me}

{my aunt}

{my dad's mom}

{erik's tall grandfather}