Tuesday, April 12, 2011

journal page fragments







Fragments from my very first attempt at an artsy/visual journal, started in the summer of 2006.  That was a pivotal time in my life -- transitioning toward bringing more intentional creativity into my life.  It was like someone flipped a switch in me and suddenly I wanted to make art with abandon.  But it wasn't easy -- turning the ideas in my head into something I was happy with on paper.  I was confused by this at first and blamed my struggles on my lack of dedicated space and small number of art supplies.  When we moved to a bigger apartment, I was confounded by the fact that it was still hard for me to create, despite having my own room as a little art studio.  Since that time, I've been on a journey to rediscover the ease and joy of creating that was the theme of my girlhood.  I hope to be blogging more about this in the weeks to come.