Wednesday, February 9, 2011

pattern and texture (of life and more)

I've been itching to write recently -- to really write.  Over the last month, life has been interesting to say the least.  The challenges of teaching in addition to my regular job are stretching me thin, but also helping me to see many new things about myself, my assumptions about life, and other ah-ha moments.  Most intriguing, they are telling me a lot about how I approach my creativity, my dreams.  But, it's just not the right time to be processing or sharing any of this online.  Hopefully I'll feel this motivation later in March when the term is over and I can share some of these reflections.  In the meantime, I'll continue with these light and fluffy blog posts full of pretty pictures.  These are photos I took in my aunt's house over the holidays.  Her sewing/weaving room is a special place full of pattern and texture, where projects are artful and inspiring even in (and perhaps most especially in?) their in-progress state.