Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just Peachy

Summer is the best sort of preoccupation.  Our garden has produced nicely, despite many lessons-learned for next year.  It's hard to beat all the fresh food.  I'm loving the farmer's markets, the evening walks I take with Erik, lounging about in our new porch chairs, the pandemonium of songbirds in our backyard each morning, biking to work everyday, spending some quality time with my two-year-old niece.  Yep, pretty much all of it.  But I'm sorry I've been so quiet around here lately.  Things will probably be a bit sporadic through September.  Then I will seek shelter from the rain and hopefully have more time to write and create. :-)  Hope you all are well.
{from the bean trellis}
{She bonked her head on the dining room window.  Quite stunned, so I kept her in a shoebox as protection from the neighborhood cats.  It didn't take long for her to recover and fly away.}