Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Paper Rabbit

While tidying and organizing my studio over the weekend I came across five collage "sketches" I did on cardboard a couple months back.  At about 5x5 inches, these little experiments incorporate random leftover paper scraps that I keep in a basket for just this purpose -- wallpaper, book pages, sheet music, old dress patterns.  I also tried out some rubber stamps (vintage and new) and blotches of acrylic paint.  A few of the collages got a bunny sketch to boot.  Bunnies -- I don't know why, but they must have been on my mind that afternoon. Eclectic is definitely the theme of the day here!
And here are some close-ups of those furry little guys.  I had many pet rabbits as a girl, so it's no surprise that they're one of my favorite animals to draw.
In other news, it finally felt like summer here in Portland today.  I believe this is the latest I've ever left the plastic film insulation on the windows.  But it's off now and the north breeze feels heavenly tonight, pushing all the stuffiness of winter right out of the house.