Monday, May 31, 2010

Notes from a Long Weekend

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  My four-day respite was delicious. Here are a few of the sweetest moments:
I learned that male estate-sale employees give much better deals on vintage fabric than the ladies do.  :-)
 Lettuce from our garden makes the best salads!  I can't seem to pick it fast enough.
My peonies are blossoming and they have friends!
In the brief moments of sunshine today, our Japanese Snowbell was truly a sight to see and we so enjoyed it from our front-porch perch.  All the neighborhood bees were buzzing around at our house. 
We finally bought some water plants for our little container garden.  It blends in with the yard much better now.
And I have a new favorite plant--an ornamental onion called "globemaster."  It goes nicely with the lavender, catmint (growing wild and crazy now!), and purple salvia in our planting strip.
Hope you all are well.  I'm going to keep this short because it's way past my bedtime! :-)