Monday, January 4, 2010

Little Lamb


I needed a project on New Years Day -- something to distract me from the cacophony of power tools in my garage and backyard -- a constant reminder of the previous day's misfortune.  So out from my crafting closet came the vintage hatbox that holds my needle felting supplies.  Long ago I started this little lamb and, on Friday, finally found a burst of inspiration to finish her up.  The body was mostly done; she just needed a head, two ears, and some legs.  There is something soothing about the repetitive motion of the felting needle working bits of wool into identifiable shapes -- that is, as long as you're not stabbing yourself (something I do quite a lot of, I'm afraid).  But even that which is soothing can also be a bit tedious at times.  Therefore, I find felting to be a great activity to do whilst watching a favorite movie.  So, in about two-and-a-half movie's time, my little lamb was done and I was quite pleased.  And considering how many movies are streaming on the internet at Netflix, I may be making some more wool pets, as soon as I get my hands on this book at the library.