Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Handmade Highlights

There were lots of handmade gifts to be found under the tree this Christmas.  My sister-in-law made the wonderful soy candles in thrifted chinaware and sweet little pin-cushion jars filled with old buttons, which I posted here on Sunday.  I labored through the completion of my first quilt, framed old family photos in vintage frames for my mom and cousin, and put together an album of snapshots from Christmases past for my “grammie.”  But as far as handmade gifts go, my ever-productive mother deserves the grand prize!  I wasn’t able to snap pictures of all the goodies she gave each family member, but here are a few of the wonderful things we were so lucky to receive:
A delicate knitted scarf for me....

  A handwoven towel and an incredible variety of yummy homemade soaps....

A scarf knitted from super-soft baby alpaca for Erik....

And the star of the show: my niece in her knitted Christmas poncho...