Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fire & Meditation: Photos of the Portland Chinese Garden

I was so happy my long-time friend and estate-sale buddy Lisa came to Portland for a visit this week. We were treated to the most marvelous summer weather -- sunny, but not hot -- which made for a great afternoon outdoors. We grabbed lunch at my favorite Portland food cart -- The Whole Bowl -- and did some catching up while the hub-bub of the Pearl District whirled around us. Next stop: The Classical Chinese Garden -- another Portland favorite. This garden oasis is in one of the densest areas of the city, making it feel even more like a haven from the delightful urban chaos outside. When I was new to the city, I used to go all the time, but it had been a few years since my last visit. "Never twice the same.." the garden's website says -- so true. And here are some photos to share...