Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Down by the River

Oh my. I started this post Tuesday night and here it is almost 24 hours before I'm able to push the "publish" button! Yes, things have been a little crazy since returning from our Labor Day getaway. In any case, I wanted to share a few of the pictures I took.
One of my favorite things about visiting my parents are our walks down to the Columbia River. The scenery is so different from Portland, where the rivers that cut through the city seem more supportive of industry than wildlife. Out east, the sights and sounds of the high desert are peaceful and uncomplicated. Not glorious like the mountains or ocean, but I like them just the same--birds and light and a pleasing palette of colors. I always wonder if I could live there, because I do miss my family and the companionship of my mom. Maybe someday, but not now. Portland will be my home for a good while.