Thursday, March 26, 2009

I was serious...

...when I said this room would be white white white. (Couldn't bring myself to paint the window trim, though.)
I'm smiling in this picture because I've discovered that painting a floor is much easier than painting a ceiling. Originally, I was going to leave the yucky brown floors (painted fir) as-is ... since we'll likely refinish them in five years. But five years is a long time to live with something you don't like. I've always admired the white floors in Camilla Engman's home, so I decided to give it a go upstairs.

After a painstaking cleaning process, I started in with some Rodda fast-drying polyurethane floor paint. It's stinky (as in, I should have bought a respirator) and the clean-up is messy. However, the floors are looking great. The paint is glossy and seems like it will be quite durable.