Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Antiques in Portland

While thrifting is my passion, I do enjoy browsing the aisles of higher class antiques stores from time to time. One of my favorite places to shop for good quality antiques in Portland is the Monticello Antique Marketplace. Although the location isn't my favorite (in that there's not much else to do in the neighborhood), its really unbeatable in terms of atmosphere and selection. They have some quality dealers who consistently keep their stalls looking fresh and well-stocked. Christmas is an especially nice time to shop here. There's an awesome Christmas show every December, often combined with a sale.
One of my favorite things about Monticello is their light-filled garden showroom brimming with indoor and outdoor furnishings. There are always birdbaths, arbors, statuary, gates, benches, and iron furniture to be found. Check out the pictures!
I think this gazebo would look great in my new garden. ;-)
Little birds always catch my eye.
I would love to have a whole house with windows like these!