Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bluebirds, Bunnies, and Other Such Things

It's been a long time since I've written anything here. House-hunting feels like it's consumed my life. Erik and I have seen a lot of great homes in the past few months, but for one reason or another, none of them have worked out. We are currently chasing a property we affectionately call "The Bluebird House" (partly because it's being sold by Bluebird Realty, but mostly because we like anything to do with birds). While it isn't a fixer, there would certainly be a couple of big projects in our future. This gives us pause. On the one hand, I likely the opportunity to customize and make this nest just the way we want it, but I also know how stressful and tiresome it will be to deal with contractors and the mess. We shall see....

{Blackstone Hotel, Chicago}
House-hunting is not all I've been up to. There was a trip to Chicago in late September -- a mix of business and pleasure. I was there for a historic preservation conference during the week, but E & I stayed through the weekend to soak up a little more of the urban goodness. We especially enjoyed an architectural river cruise put on by the Chicago Architecture Foundation, as well as a relaxing evening spent lounging in the Chicago Women's Park. The park was great for bird- and bunny-watching.

{Bunny at the Chicago Women's Park}
Sadly, I've not been particularly inspired to do any artwork recently. I'm more motivated to pack boxes than paint!

Hopefully I will be back here writing again soon and have something fun to share.