Monday, September 8, 2008

Lovebirds

My good friends Amy & Dave were married on Sunday. They chose a lovely site for a summer wedding -- McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove, Oregon. The sun shone big and bright that afternoon, but pre-autumn breezes kept us cool enough (well, at least those of us not wearing wool suits!).

Being the procrastinator that I am, I did not start making their card until the morning of the wedding. Nothing like the pressure of a deadline staring me in the face to get those ideas flowing! I wish I could call upon that sort of motivation more often.
For this card I used a piece of vintage wallpaper, which I haphazardly sewed to cardstock. The little bird images came from an old Audubon guidebook -- appropriate for my bird-loving friends. Buttons and cotton lace completed the vintage look. No sooner had I unplugged the glue gun were we rushing out the door!
Here's a look at their pretty reception hall. It's an old theater room and they had the great idea to do a slideshow of pictures taken over the 3+ years they've been together.

And, of course, the happy couple:

Congrats you two!